Bring your old floor back to life…and be amazed by the results!! Allow us to sand your existing floor to remove years of wear and tear.
Tired of your floors? Floors often do not have to be fully replaced. Refresh your hardwood floor to create a warm, welcoming look in your home. Our experts can assist you and re-finish your existing hardwood floors by either rejuvenation of existing floors, or changing its color and finish to give it a completely new look. If you are considering redoing hardwood floors yourself, please understand the damage you can do when trying to resurface hardwood floors can be catastrophic if you are not experienced. Hardwood floor sanding equipment can grind divots out of wood floors and leave waves of uneven surfaces if not handled properly.
First, decide whether the floor needs a total refinishing job:
- If a drop of water beads or soaks in slowly, you may get by with a good cleaning and polishing.
- If a drop of water soaks in immediately, the wood fibers may already be exposed and the floor needs refinishing.
- If the floor is warped, deeply stained, squeaky or otherwise damaged, you'll need to make repairs first, then refinish.
If you choose to refinish, keep these things in mind:
- Since the sanding process can remove a lot of surface, your floors need to be assessed by a flooring professional, to make sure sanding is possible
- If your floor is thinner than 3/4", you may want hire a pro to avoid accidentally sanding down to the sub floor.
- If you have engineered floors, they can also be sanded - depending on overall thickness and wear layer
Effective dust containment is essential for protecting your health. Eliminating the nightmare of dust lets you avoid leaving your home or business. This also eliminates the airborne dust that would settle back down into the finish. Dust containment systems also:
- Provides healthier working conditions
- Allows for less costly clean up